Monday, March 3, 2014

More Updates

I live in the mid-Atlantic region and was lucky enough to have a snow day from work on Monday, so I took some time to revamp a few things here on the blog.

First, I went through and re-tagged all of my posts thus far. On the Gregor Blanco card, I ran out of characters to use for the labels so I eliminated the city/state for each team tag in all previous posts. I also separated out Alternate Jerseys from Throwbacks. Some posts were missing tags of the grade, the photographer and/or the stadium, so I filled those in, too.

After this, I reorganized the labels (tags) on the left side of the page, using smaller groups to make it more search friendly. You will now see all of the card grades grouped together. The teams, the stadiums, the niches and the photographers all have separate groups now as well. The grades are sorted alphabetically, although I couldn't get the +'s to come before the flat grade. The rest of the groups are sorted by how often they appear.

Some of these searches may seem a little silly now, 30 cards into the 1000+ card set, but hopefully this will be helpful the further I get.

Finally, I added a new tab to the top of the page with a list and brief explanation of when and how I use certain resources. I write my posts from start to finish in the order they are presented. I give my first impression of the card, I look for the source photo and continue on from there. But since I don't use every source for every card, I thought it might be helpful for some to see them all in one place.

I'm always looking for feedback on how to make this more enjoyable and useful so please let me know how I'm doing!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment